Thursday, December 4, 2008

Memories To Be Thankful For



This year we had such a great Thanksgiving. Yes, I'm 40 something and this was the first year ever I have cooked Thanksgiving Dinner. I've always gone to my parents once I moved out. Since I have been in Florida Tim did it the first year and his mom the second. I figured since I am out of work, I'll go ahead and try this on my own. I sure am glad I did! I must say I did a great job and everything turned out fabulous! (you will notice Alex is missing from the photo - she took the pic!)

Alex & Katie were with us, Tim's mom Mary came and of course Taryn, Daniel & Brayden. (Taryn is VERY pregnant) The only thing missing was Bret - I truly miss him so much. Tim had to work earlier in the day so we had our meal about 3pm. The weather was nice and actually a little warmer than usual. With all the people in the house and the oven on all day I had to turn on the A/C.

Even though I am jobless at the moment, I am still very thankful for many things. I do still have a roof over my head and although paying all the bills is very trying right now, I am healthy and so are all my loved ones. I'm happy to have 2 working vehicles, gasoline, food in my fridge and pantry and a husband that loves his job. I have people that love me unconditionally and I love them unconditionally back. I live in a lovely neighborhood, I have trees and nature all around me, and a lively grandson to play with. A job does not define me. My life defines me and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I hope you and your families had a spectacular Thanksgiving Holiday and that you were able to realize all the things you are thankful for.

No comments: